The role of the Branch Manager is to successfully organize and lead a team of people to fulfill all customer service and operational tasks of the branch office they supervise in adherence with the policies and procedures of the Bank. Provide excellent service to all customers with whom they and their staff assist, using sound judgement and good communication skills to resolve problems and complaints. Assist in the deposit growth of the Bank through the efficient onboarding of new deposit relationships sourced from the sales activity of Business Bankers, Commercial Lenders and Fiduciary Bankers. Actively participate in account retention and the expansion of existing deposit relationships.
- Open new accounts, service existing accounts, resolve customer problems and complaints. Approve transactions; authorize appropriate exceptions to policies and procedures within the scope of authority level. On certain occasions, run a teller drawer if necessary.
- Construct written correspondence to customers using standard business format
- Develop and maintain a constructive partnership with Business Bankers, Lenders and the Fiduciary Banking Team to assist the deposit growth of the Bank
- Make appropriate recommendations to customers to upgrade existing bank services with new technology. Consult with internal partners to gain advice for solutions to customer needs.
- Provide staff with consistent, on-going coaching to achieve performance results. Train and develop core competencies required to deliver excellent service: knowledge of products, Bank processes and procedures, and the usage of Bank systems.
- Responsible for overseeing the review of new account documentation, Currency Transaction Reports, hold notices, and stop payments for accuracy; responsible for ensuring errors and deficiencies are corrected.
- Ensure the branch office is audit ready at all times.
- Write and deliver performance evaluations. Address and manage staff performance issues. Ensure staff completes assigned compliance training courses.
- Review and approve required monthly branch self-audits; conduct monthly security meetings; review teller work and large check deposits.
- Ensure transactions are performed in compliance with all Banking Regulations, dual control and other internal policies and procedures
- Process daily NSF decisions; work with customers listed on the Deficit Balance Report to cure negative balances
- Maintain a neat appearance of the Branch Office. Assume responsibility for reporting needed repairs or requesting the replacement of worn-out equipment.
- Adapt to changing priorities and technologies
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred or 2 years college and equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of Branch management experience in a bank or credit union. 5 years of experience working in the financial services industry.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of banking policies, procedures, and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at anytime at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.
Capital Bank, N.A. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer