Responsible for performing and directing customer service and operational duties conducted within the branch office. Ensure the consistent delivery of excellent customer service by the branch staff. Train, coach and supervise the branch staff to ensure that customer service, operational, sales and relationship activities are conducted in accordance with Bank policies and procedures. Foster a collaborative partnership with Business Bankers and Commercial Lenders to support the acquisition of new deposit relationships to the Bank resulting from their business development activities. Ensure all functions conducted within the Branch are in full compliance with all bank and regulatory standards as measured by branch and compliance audits and security reviews. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Direct and coordinate and activities to achieve operational goals and objectives within the branch. Lead and inspire a vision to align the branch team to the organizations goals and objectives. Oversee the overall operations including resolving problems, approving transactions, and authorizing exceptions and/or adjustments. Ensure all transactions, account opening and branch operations function in alignment with Bank policies and procedures. Conduct required audits, reviews within the branch are performed in compliance with Bank policies, procedures and Perform teller functions as required to assure quality customer service.
- Ensure Branch staff comply with all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act and related regulations by completing required reports, reporting suspicious activity to the BSA Officer and properly performing daily tasks designed to support the Bank’s compliance with these rules.
- Maintain current knowledge of Bank’s products and services. Assure branch staff is proficient in this area. Achieve assigned sales goals. Direct and coordinate sales and outreach activities of self and staff so as to expand existing customer relationships with the Bank. Develop and maintain internal and external referral sources to help in the acquisition of new business. Provide Business Bankers and Commercial Lenders with sales and service support. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other teams within Capital Bank.
- Promote and sustain an atmosphere of quality customer service behaviors by all staff members in all areas of service delivery. Ensure staff members work production meets both internal and external customer’s expected deadlines and standards. The level of quality should be consistent with the bank’s culture and measured by customer compliments/complaints.
- Provide consistent and on-going coaching of staff to achieve performance results. Supervise, train and develop staff to meet the strategic objectives of the Bank in customer service, operational and compliance soundness. Write and deliver performance evaluations. Address and manage staff performance issues. Ensure staff completes assigned compliance training courses.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred; or 2 years college and equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of Branch management experience in a bank or credit union. 5 years of experience working in the financial services industry.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Strong knowledge of banking policies, procedures, and regulations.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at anytime at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.
Capital Bank, N.A. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer