Capital Bank is currently looking for Commercial Lenders with experience in either C&I or CRE. These roles will focus on building relationships in the DC Metro and surrounding areas with concentration on C&I Loans/LOC’s, Owner Occupied Real Estate, IRE and Deposit production.
- Works with existing and prospective customers to obtain and retain business relationships.
- Works with the Loan Assistant to prepare loan files for review and will attend the Loan Committee meetings and present the loans to the Board.
- Accountable for the content of the loan write up and ensures that the information is accurate.
- Approves sound loans reflecting attention to analysis, loan structure, and pricing relative to the risk and value of the borrower within lending authority and bank loan policy.
- Facilitates closings with the customer, settlement agents and/or attorneys.
- Follows-up on any items as appropriate in the commitment, including third party report reviews.
- Services and manages the loan portfolio.
- Negotiates complex pricing, loan structure, and loan agreement issues on large borrowers.
- Monitors existing assigned loans to ensure complete compliance with loan terms, proper loan risk ratings, timely past due management, and problem loan detection.
- Understands regulatory compliance matters that directly affect lending processes and is committed to complying with those requirements.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Previous and successful in-market experience as a Commercial Loan Officer/Business Banker with experience in C&I lending.
- Experience doing business with C-Level executives and investors.
- Experience in all aspects of the loan and credit process and a good understanding of how the banking industry operates.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
Microsoft office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc); excellent oral and written communication skills. Has the following knowledge:
- Advanced underwriting skills
- Highly analytical in nature.
- Understands both the structure of loans and is experienced with directly negotiating the loan terms.
- Understanding and knowledge of loan documentation and working with outside counsel to ensure correctness.
- Knowledge of lending procedures and regulations.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at anytime at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.
Capital Bank, N.A. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer