The Credit Analyst reports directly to the Senior Credit Analyst and provides quality service to internal relationship managers through personal and business financial statement analyses utilizing internal and external technology and resources relative to Commercial and Industrial as well as Real Estate Based lending proposals.
- Performs/creates corporate financial spreads utilizing the Statement Analyzer Software Program.
- Performs/creates personal net worth and personal debt analyses utilizing Excel based template spreadsheets.
- Performs narrative analysis of corporate spreads to understand the financial strengths and weaknesses.
- Analyzes personal net worth, personal and contingent debt to determine guarantor strength.
- Interacts with commercial lenders and approving officers to assist in appropriate loan structure that addresses client need while minimizing risk to the Bank.
- Assists is drafting loan offering package for approval.
- Performs collateral analysis.
- Completes ongoing Annual Reviews of existing borrowing relationships which may include direct contact with borrowers in connection with the request for updated financial information.
- Attends customer meetings, calls and participates in telephone conference calls, as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with internal Bank policies and procedures.
- Stays informed about the legal, compliance and market-risk-related issues involved in the approval of credit.
- Works with the team to solve complex credit issues and ensures that the final work product is in line with the Bank’s expectations.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 2 of years work experience as a Credit Analyst with a focus in both C&I & CRE based lending.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
Microsoft office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)); Statement Analyzer (formerly Baker Hill) or similar financial statement analysis software experience; excellent oral and written communication skills. Has the following knowledge:
- Highly analytical in nature.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver accurate results within established service level timeframes.
Ability to travel as needed.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at anytime at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.
Capital Bank, N.A. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer