The purpose of this position is to provide support services to the Bank. Successful candidate will identify and accurately process the verification of a multitude of deposit products offered that requires detail orientation, accuracy, and use of sound decision making skills. Position requires knowledge Banking Regulations to avoid cost or bank losses, and to provide quality and accurate services to our internal and external customers. Candidate must possess strong relationship building skills to resolve issues/problems in a reasonable timely manner.
- Consistently presents Capital Bank and its services in a positive manner and adheres to customer service guidelines and procedures as established by the Bank.
- Performing other administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
- Ensure all information, both for the bank and for customers, are maintained in a confidential manner at all times.
- Work independently on process oriented tasks while following written or oral procedures and practices with attention to detail.
- Perform critical reviews/verification of file maintenance documentation and reports in correlation with deposit products, verification of legal/business credentials as it pertains to type of business organization, and changes performed by bank personnel for (CIF, DDA, SAV, COD, SDB, IRA, HSA), verification of change of address, dormant account maintenance,, Reg E, Reg CC, holds, stop payments .
- Archive and scan documents on a daily basis to Director when received from departments and branches.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Respond to inquiries and questions from internal and external customers. Investigate research, resolve and document all customer issues and/or complex problems.
- Assist the Receptionist desk by directing all incoming inquires and telephone calls to the appropriate bank personnel, taking and relaying messages as necessary.
- Perform other functions as needed to support customer service related to deposit accounts to support the goals of the File Maintenance Unit in Deposit Operations.
- Operations staff shall be especially aware of and comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy and OFAC regulations as they impact the daily activities in the Operations department. Staff shall immediately report suspected suspicious or unusual activity to the Bank Secrecy Officer.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or training beyond the high school level in bookkeeping or related clerical procedures.
- One to two years of clerical experience
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Basic knowledge of general office procedures; ability to operate calculator keypad and computer keyboard
- Experience with Microsoft office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at anytime at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.
Capital Bank, N.A. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer