The Closer works in the Mortgage Operations division and is responsible for preparing closing documents in an efficient and timely manner while ensuring that all investor and regulatory compliance guidelines are adhered to.
- Reviews files from underwriting to ensure they have required necessary documentation to prepare closing documents.
- Works with processing and/or loan originator’s to obtain outstanding closing conditions when needed.
- Interprets lending guidelines and exercises judgment in determining if the loan is ready to close. Works with necessary individuals to remedy any issue that is discovered.
- Prepares closing documents and funds loans.
- Review’s all documents from the settlement company to ensure closing instructions are properly followed including all fees and closing cost assistance for sale on secondary market.
- Delivers closing packages to settlement agents in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving the HUD and insuring it meets the Underwriting guidelines.
- Responsible for communicating and resolving issues with Closing Agents while the borrowers are at closing.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Basic knowledge of the following:
- Closing practices, mortgage documentation, recording practices, title/abstract legalities
- FHA, FNMA, HELOC, USDA, and FHLMC guidelines and/or terms.
- Agency and underwriting guidelines.
- Accounting principles such as debiting and crediting
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Prior experience with Encompass is a plus.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to meet sudden deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be multi-task oriented.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at anytime at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.
Capital Bank, N.A. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer