The Portfolio Manager is responsible for working with an assigned commercial loan portfolio to manage loan renewals, loan extensions, collection of financial statements, credit underwriting/ evaluation, loan structuring, and exception monitoring. The Portfolio Manager also works closely with the Credit Manager to manage the Bank’s high-risk loans including remediation, collection or liquidation of these non-performing loans.
- Conducts appropriate financial analysis and research to underwrite new loan renewals, extensions and modifications. Analyzes and structures the renewal proposals, completes the underwriting and evaluation process.
- Ensures all required documentation is collected and maintained as required by existing policy.
- Conducts thorough annual reviews of current portfolio clients including review of financials, site visits, and assessment of general business information and other factors that would be indicators of risk.
- In partnership with the Lending Team, establishes and maintains relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Leverages customer knowledge to proactively identify and recommend opportunities to cross-sell additional loan and non-credit products to clients.
- Ensures loan terms and conditions adhere to established credit policy. Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, agency guidelines and organization policies.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to senior management.
- Works with outside vendors and professionals to remedy situations as needed.
- Performs/creates corporate financial spreads utilizing the Statement Analyzer Software Program
- Responsible for growing an assigned Portfolio of business and meeting annual goals/metrics accordingly.
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience. 5+ years of experience in a commercial lending environment with proven experience in credit evaluation, portfolio risk assessment and/or special assets.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lending process including credit evaluation and underwriting.
- Ability to accurately interpret lending policy and apply same to the management of the portfolio.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of credit and financial analysis tools and techniques.
- Ability to identify and quantify business risks and the key drivers of risk and focus decisions accordingly.
- Thorough knowledge of banking regulations and laws governing commercial lending.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities in a multi-task environment and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office with specific capability in Word and Excel.
Ability to travel within a defined market area.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at anytime at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.
Capital Bank, N.A. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.