Our customers benefit from the VA loan program and from the way in which Capital Bank Home Loan Specialists deliver the program — with the ease that comes from experience over time.
Why Capital Bank for your VA loan?
- VA approved lender since 2011
- Closed more than 600 million in VA loans2
- Two of our home loan specialists have ranked in the top 5 VA lenders in the nation1
- Online loan application makes it easy to track your loan status
- Close your loan quicker with in-house underwriters, processors and closers
Save time and money with Capital Bank.
- No lenders fees or points are charged qualified VA borrowers
- Except for the VA Funding Fee, no processing fees, no origination fees or surcharges, no underwriting fees or other hidden costs appear as a surprise at settlement3
- Our VA Loan Specialists help you make the most of your VA benefit and get to your closing with ease
- Someone will be by your side as a direct point of contact throughout the process
- Access to OpenSky® Secured Visa® credit card, a credit building tool that offers financial and credit education
- Access to Being Money Smart, a financial education and personal security resource center
Why a VA loan?
- $0 down payment reduces the stress of securing the traditional 20%, making it easier to get in to a new home especially for those relocating or returning from active duty
- No private mortgage insurance necessary saving you 0.3-1.15% of the total cost of your loan each year4
- Lower minimum credit requirement making it easier for new home purchases and even refinances
- VA Streamline Refinance (IRRRL) typically offers a lower rate for refinance, less paperwork than the original loan or traditional refinance, and may not require the additional cost of appraisal
- Lower fixed loan interest rate compared to current fixed rate conventional mortgage interest rates
1 Two of Capital Bank’s home loan specialists have been ranked in the top 5 nationwide according to Scotsman Guide, the mortgage lending industry’s leading resource. The Guide’s 2013 listing of the country’s best VA loan closers included Brian Blonder NMLS#21977, listed 2nd in the country with the highest total VA loans closed in 2013 and 2014, and Rick Raimond NMLS#185546, listed as the 5th in the country for total VA loans closed in 2013.
2 Total value of all closed home loans measured from 2011 when Capital Bank became a VA Approved home lender through May 2015.
3 Fees listed here exclude the VA Funding fee which is not a Capital Bank fee, but a fee paid directly to the Department of Veteran’s Affairs which they use to continue to fund the VA lending program.
4 Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) is often used in FHA loans or low-down-payment scenarios. The borrower may ask the lender to cancel PMI when the mortgage balance has been paid down to 80% of the home’s original appraised value. When the balance drops to 78%, the lender or services is required to eliminate PMI.